Tuesday, April 17, 2007

If you want to run Chicago, sign up now!

April 19 update: too late...the 45,000 cap has been reached and registration closed today for the Chicago Marathon.

From an e-mail I received today...

REGISTRATION FOR THE LASALLE BANK CHICAGO MARATHON CLOSE TO REACHING 45,000 PARTICIPANT CAPACITY

Register Today to Ensure Entry in 30th Anniversary Race

Registration for The 30th Anniversary LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon is very close to reaching its planned 45,000 participant capacity. With the submission of entries continuing daily, there are less than 5,000 open entries available and registration is expected to close before the end of April.

Once open registration is closed, there will only be a few ways to gain entry into the race. Registration will be available through one of our 85 charity partners, affiliated international tour groups or the Chicago Area Runners Association. More information on those options will be made available at the time of close.

Runners interested in participating in the October 7, 26.2-mile race are encouraged to register online on our website or take advantage of the other options as soon as possible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of signing up.... I have 2 tickets that I am selling to the Cards - Cubs SRRC social end of April. I have a conflict. Anyone interested please email me: Knoonan@insightbb.com

It should be a blast and I am sorry I can't participate. Let me know if your interested. The bus leaves at 3pm. and the game starts at 7pm.

Thanks.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim:
What is the face value on those tickets and the game date?

Wendy B

Anonymous said...

It is the 29th of April and the price is $110 for both. That is what I paid for them. R U interested?

Anonymous said...

Kim:
Thanks. I thought the game was Saturday the 28th. Coulda used a couple extra for that day. Can't stay out so late on a school night!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

No prob. I do have someone who just needs one so if there is another single out there, please let me know soon.

Thanks. Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey, Chicago is closed! Tim I hope you got in. I will be so mad at you if you didn't. You were going to be our bunny :).