Sunday, August 26, 2007

Good Days, Bad Days, & Hydration

Well...sounds like the Half Wits had some interesting experiences on Saturday. As one who has experienced both the good days and the bad days (I've posted about that before)...and as someone who has had heat/humidity problems several times, I know that it it no fun whatsoever.

I thought yesterday was going to be a really bad day and I did not feel well at all during the first four miles. But once we stopped at Washington Park I really felt good (except for my drenched clothes!) the rest of the way. Running most of the rest of the course with Pam, Russ, and Tim Mu was a huge help, except for the flatulance problems of one un-named fuel belt wearer! In the end, I had a better run than I did for our 11 miler two weeks ago and also better than Abe's Amble!

Hydration is a huge key, especially during these long runs...and that's why we put out the drinks. I don't mind doing it at all...and having the group to run with makes it much more fun!

Hey Pam: it sounds like we have to have you stand up before the group and have everyone yell at you next week! LOL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Half Wits, you are all cordially invited to the SRRC picnic at Center Park, Saturday, Sept. 8th from 3-6 pm. The club provides protein, (no not whey or anything like that) chicken and hotdogs and soft drinks so it's up to you to bring the microbrew, martini's or other adult beverages, a dish and maybe a lwan chair to rest your weary bones! It should be fun, Chuck and Em's dad will be the dj, so please let me know if you can make it by emailing me bbonansinga@sbcglobal.net. Got to get a ballpark number of attendees. $5 per family gets you in. Look forward to seeing my Half Wits friends! Thanks for a great run Saturday.
Barb B

Anonymous said...

I live out of town and am not familiar with Center Park. Can you briefly tell me where it is located?
thanks

Tim said...

Anon:

Center Park is located on the east side of Lake Springfield where the Lindsey Bridge crosses the lake. It is near the Henson Robinson Zoo.

Here is a link to a CWLP map of lakeside parks:

http://www.cwlp.com/Lake_Springfield/Parks/lake_park_map.htm#Center%20Park

Emily K said...

Correction:

The picnic is actually at Lake Park. It is on the right side that is located before you would turn to go to Henson Robinson Zoo/Center Park.

My fault on telling Barb the wrong park when I reserved it... SO SORRY Barb! :):):)

Please come! This is an all friends and family event! Barb does such an awesome job setting this up, making it a great time for everyone!!!!

Please RSVP ASAP to Barb at: bbonansiga@sbcglobal.net