Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Steamboat plans

Emily said something in comments about this, so I thought I would do a post so folks can discuss.

The Steamboat Classic is this Saturday in Peoria. Registration is open through Wednesday, June 13 at www.SteamboatClassic.org

Just a few facts about Steamboat:

* There is both a four mile and 15k (9.3 mile) distance.
* It begins at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday (not 7:30 as in past years)
* The race starts/finishes on Peoria's riverfront. This is easy to access from the first exit across the I-74 Illinois River bridge
* Post-race activities take place on the riverfront at the Festival Park stage.
* From Clear Lake & I-55 I would plan on travel time of about 75 minutes to Peoria.
* Packet pickup (but no registration) IS AVAILABLE on race morning.

So, are you planning to head to Steamboat? Are you driving up that morning or spending Friday night.

Wendy and I are spending Friday night in Peoria. If anyone else is doing that, let us know. I am a Peoria native so if you have any questions whatsoever about this race or Peoria (directions, food, etc...) just let me know.

2 comments:

Mary L. Rogers said...

Helen, Nancy, Linda, and I will all be there for the race. I think I'm of the few crazy enough to attempt the 15K. Anyone have any advice for this course?

Tim said...

My advice: walk up the hills. No kidding...you will save some energy this way and those running the hills won't get up much faster anyway:-)