Saturday, April 29, 2006

Out with a wimper

Well...our last Saturday long run of the 2006 Half Wits was this morning. Where was everyone?

I know, I know...there was a race today; it was raining; blah, blah, blah...

I actually was a good run today. It really did not rain that much and was warmer than I thought it would be. The wind was not fun when we ran into it, but that was not for very long.

So, where were YOU today? If you ran the AMA 5k, let us know how it went.

I will be trying to post a lot of info about Indy and what plans might be for group running after next weekend, so keep checking back.

Tuesday is our last run for this year's Half Wits, so hope you can make it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ran the AMA race and had fun.We(Carrie,Hillary andI) did the 4mile prior to the race then did the race.It was Ces's first 5K to run and finishing with her was great. Will be seeing you all Tuesday for the run.

Anonymous said...

I ran the race today. I saw Becky Baum and Alan Avery scoring the race. I can assure you, if Alan had anything to do with marking the course....IT WAS NOT SHORT.

Barry House said...

It sure felt like 3 miles and change to me.

Tim, just so you know--I didn't register for the race until Monday 'cause I kept going back and forth between Half Wits and the 5k. Considering my slow time, I shoulda run with the Half Wits!

Mary L. Rogers said...

Helen and I ran the first annual Lincoln College Scholarship 5K and I tell you - that d&*% speedwork and hill workouts seemed to pay off. Ran it well under what I set out as my goal - even in the rain. Course did two 1 1/2 loops, and the second time around was pretty tough because you see the finish line and still have to run around the course again! But the manicure adn massage and all you can eat brunch at the end was definately worth it!

Couldn't run worth a crap today though, should have taken your advice! See y'all Tuesday!