Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You need a kitty for Christmas!!


OK...I'm starting to feel like dogs and cats send out messages to their friends to go to our house!

Yesterday morning Wendy and I heard a cat meowing very vehemently at our front door. When I opened the door, in scampered a very cute and cuddly all-black kitten. Of course, our recently adopted cat, Butterscotch, was not too happy to share her domain with the newcomer.

Given the ice and reports of another storm, we put the new kitten in our basement with food, water, and a litter box...and away from Butterscotch. She is small, but very friendly kitten. Wendy put some flyers out in the neighborhood yesterday, knocked on a couple doors, and put an ad in today's SJ-R, but as of yet no one has claimed her.

She's very cute and would make a wonderful new kitten for someone. She has even used the litter box we set up for her, so that part seems to be taken care of! I'm not sure if someone has been mean to her--her tail looks like something has possibly happened--but she is very friendly to us.

Please, please, please let me know if you would be interested in this adorable kitten. Butterscotch is enough cat for us right now, so we really want to find a good home for this kitty.

Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need it, I will even throw in a new kitty carrier and a little catbed and toy. We'll brush her hair, trim her nails and have her ready to go with a red ribbon around her neck.

She needs someone to love her! I don't want to take her to the shelter.

Wendy

Simba's Mom said...

Are you sure Butterscotch does not secretly want a new friend? I found that my older cat was much calmer (and less lonely) when we got a second cat, even though they aren't the best of friends. Just a thought.

Otherwise, I am sure if you post a picture, you will get lots of offers. I have three already or else I would consider it!

Tim said...

Simba's Mom:

We actually like Butterscotch zooming all around the house:-) If she was calmer, I don't know how we would spend our evenings! She is WAY too entertaining!

I like your photo as well...looks a lot like the 'scotch.

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure and spread the word. We animal lovers thank ya for taking the little critter in. I've found some folks just don't know to check the paper. The flyers are a great way to reach people. Let APL know and maybe they would spay and vaccinate her if you foster until a home comes along. They then get the adoption fee. Who knows, maybe they might even take her. They are always more open to kittens than adults. Good luck.

Kim

L*I*S*A said...

Awwww, this animal lover is so happy that people like you exist. I hope you are able to find this precious holiday kitty a new home. If not, I trust she is in good hands. :)

Anonymous said...

I have 2 cats and they enjoy each others company and even sleep next to each other at night. They are good company for each other when we are gone during the day.They play and chase each other etc. Like the other writer said you might consider keeping both ot them.