Saturday, May 06, 2006

Incredible Indy!!

Great job Half Wits!!! Indy was awesome! It was a great day for a race with the best weather, a record crowd, lots of spectators, rockin (and a few not so rockin) bands, and a very cool lap around the Brickyard. Did you stop to kiss the bricks? I did!

And how about that post-race tent? Not a bad idea, huh? And the Half Wits/SRRC folks were the last ones partying at the tent area. We rock.

As I have posted before, you have good days and you have bad days. I had a very bad day when we ran the practice run on the LM course about 6 weeks ago. Well, today was a whole different story. On my watch I ran a 1:46:42 which is a PR for me. Some days you have it, some days you don't, and today I did.

What about the rest of you? What did you think of Indy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indy was great,locked in for next year.Looking forward to the next race. The Bricks got kissed and I know Jimmie was looking for me but I did not have the time for him on Sat! LOL Can't wait to hear others thoughts on Indy.

Emily K said...

The party tent was a GREAT idea! Thank you so much Tim!!! From the "socializing", Jan W. doing a yoga session for everyone and at the end when Tim thought of doing the lemonade vodka "aerial shots"!!!! The best part about the shots?!?!?! Lakshman did it too!!! LOL!!!!! Did you know he's a party animal? We had him out until 2:45 AM!!! :) I luv ya Lak! :):):):)

Then there's Penny W. who decided she wanted to go back to the hotel room~~~ She took off so fast not even Rob Flather could catch her! She even had heels on! LOL!

Chuck and I kissed the bricks! What an awesome time! We'll be back again and again and again, etc... :)

Mary L. Rogers said...

Ditto to everything said above. When you put everything into perspective, it was an awesome once in a lifetime experience and the race was secondary to all the fun this weekend. congrats everyone - just getting to that starting line was rewarding.

the music along the way was incredible, though the gospel music next to the acid rock was comical!

My favorite part? Of course, the speedway, and the final mile. No matter how much pain I was in, it is quickly forgotten now that I see all these awesome pictures!


Those of you who didn't stop in at Ike and Mikes, or Mike and Ike's or Mike and Jone's or whatever it was called because of the cover charge, missed out on some great dancing and cheap beer (and who knew Lakshman could dance!)

Tim and everyone in the group - thanks for everthing - it means a lot!






I loved hearing everyone's story.

Sanya said...

I think yesterday will go down in history! Awesome race, great friends and incredible accomplishment. Big KUDOS to ALL!

Sounds like everyone had as much fun as I did with the post-race partying. The desperate housewives of Panther Creek were out in full force - you little tigresses:)

The end of the evening, well, let's just say it was wet:) HA!

Anonymous said...

Sanya - I need to see the photographic evidence of the event that started the landslide at the Caladdagh. I'm sure it was priceless!